About Dr Preketes
Dr Angelo G. Preketes
Macquarie St. Sydney City
- B.D.S (SYD), Grad Dip Clin Dent (Oral Implants)
Grad Dip Clin Dent (Conscious Sedation & Pain Control)
- Secretary for the Australian Society for Dental Anaesthesiology
- Senior Clinical Lecturer Sydney University
- Visiting Dental Officer (VDO) Westmead IV Sedation Department)
Dr Angelo Preketes Graduated in 1991 with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the University of Sydney. During his undergraduate studies he was the recipient of multiple prestigious awards including:
- The Westmead Association Student Award 1991
H J V Cusack memorial prize for proficiency in Clinical Operative Dentistry 1991
- Port Dental Laboratories prize in restorative dentistry for proficiency in operative and prosthetic dentistry 1991
- Dr Henry Bruce Maxwell prize for proficiency in operative dentistry
- John Bellisario award for outstanding contribution in Australia to the discipline of pain and anxiety control in Dentistry 2021
After gaining a passion for education teaching at the United Dental Hospital Angelo pursued further post graduate qualifications. From 1998-2004 he obtained a Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry in the Areas of Oral Implants and Conscious Sedation and Pain Control IV Sedation.
These further qualifications gave Angelo the insightful expertise to cater for and treat highly anxious patients who would otherwise find visiting a dentist and having dental work completed extremely difficult.
Dr Angelo Preketes is a member of a number of nationally and internationally recognised professional dental associations including:
- The Australian Dental Association
- Australian Society of Dental Anaesthesiology
Dr Preketes sits on the dental practice committee and the infection control committee for the Australian Dental Association and is also the secretary for the Australian society for dental anaesthesiology (ASDA).
Over the years, Dr Angelo Preketes has treated patients from far and wide, nationally and internationally. Establishing a private practice at Earlwood and Woollahra before relocating and settling into Sydney City on the very well-known Macquarie St.
With a high skill set and friendly demeanour Dr Angelo Preketes has been providing quality services and exceptional patient experiences with a child friendly and family focus.
Currently Dr Angelo Preketes continues to treat his patients and their kind referrals at Macquarie St four days a week and is a Senior Clinical Lecturer for Sydney University, lecturing at Westmead Hospital IV Sedation Department. Dr Preketes is also an external examiner for the post graduate degree in Conscious Sedation & Pain Control and also teaches dentists and dental students all around Australia the art of Nitrous Oxide.