We are committed to the health and safety of our patients and staff through the Covid-19 pandemic. We have implemented the Australian Dental Association’s ‘Risk management protocols’ in accordance with NSW Health Government. A Covid-19 safety plan is on site and is regularly updated in keeping with changes and directives by NSW Government.
There are currently no restrictions to Dentistry in NSW.
The ways we are keeping our patients safe
- All patients are Covid-19 pre-screened prior to attending their appointments.
- Limited cross over of patients and social distancing practices in the patient waiting areas.
- Designated seating that keeps 1.5m between patients.
- Alcohol hand sanitising upon entering reception, clinical areas and leaving the surgery.
The recommended use of masks for patients in the waiting room.
- Temperature and Health checks of staff daily.
- Correct and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment for staff during patient procedures.
- Pre procedural patient mouth rinses.
- A high level of infection control is applied throughout the clinical areas of the surgery and higher frequency environmental cleaning in non-clinical areas is conducted between patients using TGA approved disinfectants at all ‘high touch’ points.
- We are an ‘accredited practice’ with QIP AGPAL. We follow and apply infection control policies and processes in accordance with the Australian/ New Zealand Standards 4815 office-based healthcare facilities- Reprocessing of reusable medical and surgical instruments and The NSQHS Standards, Australian Dental Board Standards, The NHMRC 2019, ADA Infection Control Guidelines and the current ADA Covid-19 Risk Management Guidelines on Infection Control.
All patients will be pre-screened over the phone when making appointments and 48 to 24hrs before their appointments.
If you suspect you or anyone in your household may have been exposed to Covid-19 or possibly have Covid-19 and are experiencing symptoms (even minor ones) you must notify our staff prior to attending our clinic.
- general unwellness
- dry cough
- runny nose
- sore throat
- body aches
- loss of taste or smell
- gastrointestinal upset (sore stomach and or diahhorea.
Your first appointment experience
What to expect
We are by appointment only. Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment. One of our friendly staff will welcome you at reception. Please sanitise your hands upon entry.
You will be asked to fill in a Medical History Form, providing us with essential information which will help us accommodate any particular needs you may have while you relax in our ambient waiting area.
One of our friendly staff will escort you to our consulting room.
Your first appointment will consist of a thorough comprehensive oral exam. An exam of your mouth will be conducted looking at the soft tissues including gums, roof of mouth, the floor of your mouth, tongue and your teeth. Dr Angelo Preketes will discuss the findings with you and will listen to any concerns that you may have. Radiographs will be taken as needed.
Dr Angelo will then present a summary of findings with treatment options available to you and your specific needs. If plans are more comprehensive and larger radiographs are needed a referral will be given to you and a ‘consult and treatment planning’ will be organised as a next appointment.
Again, please let us know if you have a dental phobia our experienced team will take all due care to alleviate your anxieties and if an oral exam cannot be completed a consult can be arranged instead. There are options available to you. Our goal is to partner with you in achieving a lifetime of great oral health. We look forward to seeing you.